Aug 11, 2009

Welcome to the Kar-Ben blog!

We're very excited to launch our new blog. Here, you'll learn about new Kar-Ben books, get to know our authors and illustrators, and get some insight into who we are and what we're up to. We would like to use our blog as another avenue to interact with readers, authors, reviewers, and whatever category you may fall into!

As the Publicity Coordinator, I wear many hats here at Kar-Ben. My main responsibilities are book publicity, marketing, and monitoring editorial and production processes. I also update our website and social media presence regularly. I've been fascinated by books for as long as I can remember, so a career in publishing suits me well. One of my favorite parts of this job is seeing an author's manuscript transform into a book. I'm continually impressed by our authors; they take complex concepts and make them just right for children. And then, illustrations! We literally coo over the original artwork from artists all over the world. Then our designers weave the words and art together into a book, which will soon be in the hands of a librarian, teacher, parent, grandparent, or child. It's so fun to see all the elements come together.

I'm looking forward to sharing more with you as our blog grows and progresses. Thanks for visiting.

Jess Horwitz, Publicity Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment